The guard will let water trickle down and safely away, but stops those unwanted items like leaves, dirt, and other objects from clogging up your gutters and causing problems. Wet or damp debris that remains in gutters for too long can cause them to rust quickly.
Many people might think that gutter guards are not important, on the contrary they are very important. Gutters guard divert water from homes, meaning keeping them drier, but that turns out to be just one benefit of this innovative invention. Gutters divert water away from vulnerable roofs and foundations, protecting them from rocks or sticks and lowering the risk of a flooded basement or home.
Attic clean-up starts with the removal of rodent droppings, removing rodent nests and debris. Rodents bring with them harmful parasites, viruses, and other bacteria that can linger in your attic. Rodents urine and droppings bring other problems like foul odors that can stay in your home for a long period of time.
Removing old insulation is not easy, having the right equipment and personal protection can help a lot to get the job done. It is important to periodically have inspections of the attic and crawl space to catch any problems before they get to bad. In a worst-case scenario, the insulation may require removal in order to eliminate pre-existing materials that are dangerous and harmful (sometimes hazardous), like vermiculite that contains asbestos. Insulation has life expectancy of about 20 years. Rodents nesting in the insulation is the primary reason in the United States why homeowners need to replace the insulation. It is impossible to effectively clean insulation since most insulation materials are made out of fiber. Any attempt to clean or vacuum insulation will be inoperative, as insulation absorbs rodents urine and scents. In these specific cases damaged insulations need to be removed to efficiently eliminate rodents scent and areas should be disinfected to kill bacteria left by rodents. Removing contaminated insulation is an important improvement for your home since damaged insulation can cause structural damage and can directly affect the air quality inside your home. Poor air quality can cause major health issues and put you and your family in danger.
It’s important to clean up the mess left behind by rodents and restore the attic to its clean previous condition. Most importantly is for you to understand the dangers involved. Rodent feces, including those from bats, raccoons, rats, mice, squirrels, birds, possums are considered hazardous and carry terrible diseases. These diseases can be passed on to humans.
Contaminated insulation leads to an accumulation of moisture and the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and will eventually lead to wood rot and roof damage. Additionally, the contaminated air holds harmful microorganisms (mold, mildew, bacteria, viruses) which can leak into your home or enter your home’s HVAC system. If this air is carried throughout your home, it can exacerbate allergies, asthma, and respiratory issues, and be hazardous to your overall health and wellbeing.
The common reasons why homeowners need to remove their insulation are; either because the insulation is too old and has lost its R-value, rodents have nested in the insulation, the insulation has been water damaged and it leads to mold or mildew, and lastly in very rare occasions the insulation is smoked damaged.
- roof reflective barrier, radiant shield barrier in Oakland CA | Residential & Commercial Insulation Vapor Barrier
- crawl space encapsulation vapor barrier in Lafayette CA | insulation installers near me | loose insulation removal
- attic insulation cleanup in Fremont CA | Best Insulation Contractors Near Me | blown insulation removal.
- air sealing attic savings, home attic insulation installers in Hayward CA | Best Insulation Contractors Near Me | blown insulation removal.
- fitting gutter guard in Oakland CA | Residential & Commercial Insulation Vapor Barrier
- vapor barrier basement crawl space, insulators in the home in Berkeley CA | Residential & Commercial Insulation near me
- crawl space vapor barrier installation near me in Walnut Creek CA | Attic Insulation Service Fiberglass Insulation
- gutter cleaning and gutter guard installation in Orinda CA | How much does it cost to insulate a house, attic, wall
- radiant barrier and insulation in Lafayette CA | insulation installers near me | loose insulation removal
- repair vapor barrier in crawl space in Fremont CA | Best Insulation Contractors Near Me | blown insulation removal